Easiest Tastiest Apple Cobbler Recipe!!
1 box of your favorite yellow cake mix
2 (16oz I believe) cans of apple pie filling
1 stick of butter
1 (9X13) baking pan (glass or metal it doesn’t matter)
DO NOT GREASE YOUR PAN
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Pour both cans of apple pie filling into your baking pan
(make it level, you don’t want too much in one place)
- Pour an even layer of the yellow cake mix on top of the apple pie filling
(do not do anything to the cake mix, leave it in its powdered state)
- Cut up the stick of butter into about 12 or so squares. As you are cutting it up place the squares gently on top of the yellow cake mix.
(I like to have rows of 4, and columns of 3… It seems to make it pretty even then)
- place your cobbler in the oven for 50 minutes or so. The butter should be melted, and crust be brown on the top (it’s ok if some crust is not all brown). If the cobbler is bubbling, and most of the crust is golden, you can take it out as well.
***Sometimes, if I’m not making this for my dad,
I sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of everything
before I put it in the oven***
My Daughter and I discovered Keebler mini pie crusts. We made mini peach cobblers and apple cobblers. We used peache in syrup, and apple pie filling. Still basically followed the above instructions.
If you try this out, I’d love to see pictures. Tell me what you thought!