So the hubby and I were discussing life, and somehow or another we started talking about a 3rd child. We come from small families ourselves. I’m an only child, and he has one Brother. I decided to reach out to my mommies of 3 or more. I can honestly say, I was surprised by ALL their responses!! I knew they wouldn’t say, “I HATE MY LIFE WITH 3 KIDS.” However, I did expect them to say things they missed or wished they would have done first. NONE of my friends said ANY of that. On the flip side, they ALL said something along the lines of:
1. Life can be CRAZY with 3
2. 3 can be hard at times
3. I would never change it for the world
4. I Love having 3 kids
5. I think you should go for it
Every single mom told me the 5 listed above. Few mentioned, sleep is nonexistent. Grocery trips are rough on the wallet. I was amazed how all of them had a similar answer. I am grateful for all the moms who I spoke with.
Here are the 3 things my husband and I agreed were MAJOR Factors
(for our family at least).
- Financial- That’s 3 cars (and the insurance to go with it), 3 colleges, 3 weddings, 5 Disney Tickets, 5 Plane
Tickets, etc… I understand, that Alex and I can plan accounts for the future (and we are), but it’s
still a lot of money.
- Space- Can our cars hold 2 car seats and a booster? Which children can share a room? Later on, where are you
going to park 5 cars in your 2 car driveway? Can the living room seat all 5 of you at a time? Can the
DINING ROOM TABLE seat all 5 of you?
3. Time- Who is going to dance class, karate, and baseball? How does the first day of school get divvied up
between 2 parents? When do mom and dad get down time? Are we ready and able to give another child
our time? We struggle giving our 2 and 6 year enough individual time.
#thismomhere would LOVE to hear what you have to say on this matter! I know many moms who would also like to know what to expect. What do you think when it comes to having 3 kids in your family?